Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 138, Zero day, total miles - 1,929.0

August 3, 2013

Today was a day of rest. I woke up at 7:30 am. 

I took a short nap twice during the day. I also went kayaking for about one hour with Jamey and Skyler. 




Looking out at the lake from the covered porch was very peaceful. They have a humming bird feeder hanging from the corner of the porch. Watching the humming birds come and go was pretty cool.






Jamey, Annette and Diana prepared food for everyone. I had plenty to eat.

B-Rocket suggested doing another zero here tomorrow. On one hand I wanted to get back on trail, but another zero would probably be good for my knees. They were both a little sore at the end of yesterday. So I was okay with taking a second day off.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff!! You are doing SO awesome and so close! I thought of you today as I hiked my first 14er (14,000 feet) in Breckenridge, CO. We went through the Rocky Mountains on our way out here and hiked the CDT for a little! I am so impressed with your progress and success thus far! Keep going! We can't wait to celebrate when you return! The kids are reading your blog and have been asking about you this summer! Madeira is rooting for you :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.