Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 76, Zero, total miles- 1018.1

After getting up this morning I went down to the first floor of the apartment building. They have a Starbucks coffee brewing machine. The coffee is free. I took a cup up to the 22nd floor to sit outside on the sun deck. It was relaxing to be outside on such a beautiful morning. From the deck I could see the Pentagon, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, and the Capital Building.

Andy, Jenn and I went to an outfitters and a few shoe stores so that I could look for new trail shoes. I bought a pair of Asics. Hopefully they will work. We then went to the grocery store so I could resupply.

I went through my backpack, to decide what items I can send home, now that the cold weather should be behind me. I want to cut weight as much as possible.

My wife Cathy, daughter Katie, and grandchildren Luke, Bella and Noah arrived late this evening. It was wonderful to see them all. It was so late that everyone went right to sleep.

I still plan to get back on trail Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.