Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 78, Zero, total miles- 1018.1

I spent a little time on the sun deck this morning. From there I could see the traffic backed up on the highway, I can understand why people here avoid driving a car.

We walked to a nearby chicken restaurant, called Nandos, for lunch. They had good food and the coolest drink dispenser I have ever seen. There were many many options.

I took a long nap in the early afternoon. Around 4:00 pm we went to the swimming pool. Andy, Katie, Luke, Bella, Noah and I got in. Cathy and Jenn watched. We swam for about one hour.

We walked to the Good Stuff Eatery to have dinner. Afterwards we took a walk along the Potomac.

When we returned to Andy and Jenn's apartment, we had cake and ice cream. It is my birthday today and Katie's birthday tomorrow.

We worked at getting things ready for leaving tomorrow morning. Cathy and Katie are going to drop me off in Harper's Ferry, WV. I hope to be back on trail by mid day.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jeff! So glad you get to spend some time with family before the second half of your amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you and Katie!!! That's a good looking family you have there! :)

    Good luck on the second half of your hike... I love you!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jeff! Looks like you had a great time! Get back on the trail safely!
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated birthday Jeff!
    Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.