Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 84, miles today- 19.6, total- 1,116.9

I started hiking today at 8:00 am. By 8:30 there was a light mist. By 9:30 there was a light but steady rain. After 7 miles I stopped at the James Fry Shelter to take a short break. The rain continued to come down. I had planned to hike to Boiling Springs. Almost twenty miles. As I sat at the shelter, I debated staying at the shelter or moving on.  Hiking all day in the rain is rough on the feet. After a little more than one hour I decided to move on. I had about twelve more miles to reach Boiling Springs.

There was a steady rain until 4:00. I sang Rain Drops Are Falling On My Head a few times. I don't know many of the words, so it didn't take very long.  It seemed to make the showers more pleasant.

Three miles before Boiling Springs I passed what was the original halfway point of the trail.

As I neared Boiling Springs, I passed several fields of corn. Once in town I passed the remains of an iron furnace and a pretty lake. It looks like a very nice small town. I got here at 5:30.

I'm staying at the Allenberry Resort Inn with Professor.

Because of the rain, I wasn't able to take many pictures today.

1 comment:

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.