Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 88, miles today- 18.0, total- 1,171.8

June 15, 2013

Peters Mountain Shelter to Rausch Gap Shelter.

I slept great last night. I started hiking at 8:30 this morning. It looks like the rainy weather is over.




I leap frogged Calamity Jane, Finder, Fatty, and Lentil today. We must have passed each other three or four times. I hiked with Lentil for a couple miles. The trail was pretty easy most of the day. I made really good time. There have still been some locust around, but there seems to be fewer than before.

Locust

Chicken of the Woods mushroom

Lentil getting water

Mountain laurel


Calamity, Finder and Fatty saw a rattlesnake at the side of the trail today. I wish I had seen it too.

In the shelter tonight are Calamity Jane, Pilgrim, Jim Dog and his daughter Firefly.



Firefly and Jim Dog

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeff...Great picture! - your trail name should be Pirate! Terry C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.