Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 1 Miles today 8.1

Lumpy picked us up at Mountain Crossings Outfitter at 8:30 am. The outfitters sets right on the AT, 32 miles north of Springer Mountain, the start of the AT. After Lumpy drops us off I will start my hike northbound, passing the outfitters on the way.
When at Springer the sky was clear blue and the sun shining bright. Near 40 degrees.  I started my hike at 10:41 am, March 19, 2013. I stopped at the first white blaze I saw, reached out and touched it. As I walked I wondered about all of the people I would meet, the good times, and the hardships I would endure on my way to Maine.
After hiking a hour or so a girl was hiking towards me. She asked which direction Hawk shelter was.  I told her it was back the direction from which she had came.  She had taken a wrong turn and headed the wrong way. She hiked with me for a little ways. She said she didn't have a trail name so I suggested Wrong Way.
I am spending the night at Hawk Mountain shelter. There are 25 people here now. Most using tents.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Lovely section of trail! Wish I could have jusy kept hiking but duty and family called...
    Happy Trails!
    -ZuperDave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi you accidentaly mixed up day 1 and 2,I'm one of the fourth graders you came to talk about your trip!Hope your having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.