Monday, March 18, 2013

Hike Eve

I'm at Neal's Gap in Georgia.  I'm tenting behind Mountain Crossing Outfitters.  They have a bunk house but it's full. There's heavy fog and a steady rain here. In the morning a guy that goes by Lumpy is going to shuttle some hikers to Springer Mountain, the start of the A.T.

The interest and support that I'm gotten the last couple months from family, friends, past co-workers, students at Madeira Elementary, and strangers has been tremendous. I didn't expect to receive nearly as many well wishes. The support has really been overwhelming. I'm sure it will help me get through some of the difficult times that I am bound to face. Thank you!

I plan to add a post to this blog for each day. I will only be able to publish them when I have cell service and battery life. My guess is that many of them will be pretty short. Writing is definitely not a strong suit for me. But, I hope that you'll follow along and share in my journey.

Good night.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck, Jeff! I will be following your blog to keep up with your progress. I will doing a 3-day from Springer to Neel's Gap the first week of April. Leave me some good weather, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck as you awake for a long, long journey. I believe the Irish Blessing is most appropriate.


    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Speed Jeff. We are all rooting for you. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ready, set, BLAZE!!!!!!

    Good Luck Jeff!

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth Hoffman SaylorMarch 20, 2013 at 7:37 PM

    Have a safe and happy hiking trip

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.