Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 9, miles today- 15.9, total- 109.8

It was 14 degrees this morning when we got up. The good news was that the temperature is supposed to be a lot warmer the next few days. I hiked with Pigpen for the first two miles.  The trail took me up to the Albert Mountain fire tower.  It was a very big climb.  It was very tough! Luckily the sky was clear making for awesome views. I stayed there for fifteen minutes enjoying it.

At Winding Stair Gap, Nina who is a friend of a friend who my sister knows picked me up. Her and her husband Dan offered to let me spend the night in their home, along with their daughter Anne. Nina cooked a great dinner and did my laundry. It was great!  Dan and Nina both have thru hiked tge AT and the PCT. Dan also hike 3400 miles across America!

2 comments:

  1. After all that snow and cold temps, it was good timing for a visit with friends. Hope you stay awake to enjoy the bright March moon that was out last night (March 27).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, just reading your blogs, sounds awesome, even with the snow and cold temps. Hiking the AT was always something I wanted to do, kids, sports and RA put a halt on that plan. Keep up the great blogging, I will live it through you. Lol. Be safe and enjoy. Kevin Lawson.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.