Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 4, miles today- 18.8, total - 50.5

Sleeping on a mattress indoors last night was great. There were 15 people in one room on bunks. I met Headbone there. He is from NC. I also met a guy named Jeff from the Hampton's in NH (I wonder if he knows George??)  I started hiking at 9am.

I saw two hikers at an overlook. The guy named Bird Man took my picture. Many great views today. Cold but dry, the sun tried to come but didn't make it.

As I was coming down Wildcat Mountain towards Hogpen Gap I  could see a paved road with a parking lot with a couple cars. As I got closer I could see several backpackers, one being Headbone, at the back of a car. There was more trail magic to be had. Robyn and Bran, from Dalton Ga.  were there with Powerade, water, home made brownies and moon pies. It was a nice treat. After talking to them for 10-15 minutes I hiked on to Blue Mountain shelter. It was full so I setup my tent. I hiked the last two miles with Head Bone.

We are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow. I may not get many miles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.