Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 2. Miles today- 12.9, total-21

I started hiking at 8:45 am. It must have been in the low 30's overnight and was chilly starting out this morning. 

At 11:00 I came to Cooper Gap. There was a clearing next to a gravel road.  I saw 5 one-gallon jugs of water setting by a tree.  There was a lady and man at a car there offering the water and beef sticks to the 6 hikers that had stopped there. 

I met a guy from Bellfountain Ohio. He is a retired police officer.  Hopefully I'll see him up the trail. He seemed like a good guy. I met a lady named Nax and her dog Capt Nemo.  They are from Alaska.  All are thru hikers.

Time to eat!

I'll sleep good tonight. 

6 comments:

  1. Jeff,
    I still think your crazy...but this is really cool. Thanks for the update and the cool pic's.
    Stay Safe!
    Donnie Schilling

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're off to a great start, Dad!! I am enjoying following along! I love that you are recording everything so thoroughly... miles, times, etc. Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Smith,
    Keep on walking. I can't believe you are sleeping outside. That is crazy. It is cold.
    Your friend,
    Braden Matsudo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome to see you're off to a great start! Will be following...
    Rindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start. I will be following your progress as this is something I am thinking about doing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the alcohol stove that I assume is inside that windscreen. Carry on!
    - ZuperDave

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.