Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 10, miles today-11.0, total-120.8

This morning Dan and Nina cooked me a hearty breakfast.  It was great. Anne wanted me to sit next to her. She's a bright little three year old. After breakfast I went through my gear and worked on my blog. Nina graciously altered her plans to drive me back to the trail. Thanks Nina!

I started hiking at 11:30am. The trail today was either snow packed, ice covered, or muddy.  Neither of which make for speedy hiking.  But, at least I didn't fall. I had two nice views today.  The first was at Siler Bald summit. There was a day hiker there that took my picture.  The second was at Wayah Bald tower.  The view from there was the best view I've seen yet. It was amazing! Luckily there was a clear sky. I could see the Albert Mountain fire tower that I was at 20 miles ago. Today I hiked by myself all day. It's really very peaceful. The time passes faster when hiking with someone though.  Yesterday I hiked the last 8 miles with Phys Ed which was nice too.  He is a retired middle school gym teacher from Gettysburg Pa. He retired last school year.  A good guy. 

I'm staying in Wayah Bald  shelter. There are three other guys here, none of which I've met before. There's Trail Light, One Two, and Dixie Grits. All are likeable guys. I'm going to turn in at 8:00 pm. Looking forward to another beautiful day tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to meet up with Dan and Nina. Keep up the hard work. Miss you! Nancy and Errol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff/Blazer,
    I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. What a brave incredible journey/adventure you are on. I am jealous! Be safe and keep on blogging.... The "rugged look" serves you well... Maureen VanSkaik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff--It is great to follow your trip. Hopefully more favorable weather is on the way soon! Continued best wishes for a safe journey. Looking forward to your updates!

    Steve Kramer

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to hear your voice the other night, Dad. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya for that the weather gets better soon! I love all the pictures and details, looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.