Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 105, Zero day, total - 1,462.9

June 30, 2013

Sherry made blueberry pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Delicious!

John had to work today. Sherry drove me to the post office and to the store. I'm sending a few items, that I don't need right now, a few weeks up trail. I'd rather not carry items I'm not currently using. Most of it was cool weather gear. Sending items to a post office up the trail is referred to as a bounce box. 

I made several calls about a few gear and clothing items. Looked at the A.T. guide at future resupply points. I even got in a short nap.

In the afternoon I went kayaking. It was my first time. It was a lot of fun. Bruce (Sherry's brother), Sarah, and her two small children were also in the water.




John, Sherry, Katie, Mary and I had pizza for dinner. We went to Tolli's Apizza. Mary is a good friend of theirs and thru hiked the AT in 1981 with John and Sherry.


Mary (Sherry's friend) and John

Katie and Sherry


After dinner, Mary, Sherry, John and I went kayaking for ninety minutes or so. It was relaxing and at the same time a little bit of a workout. Afterwards, the four us along with Katie talked for a good while about my gear and thru-hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.