Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 114, miles today - 19.3, total - 1,637.1

July 9, 2013

Goddard Shelter to Stratton Pond Shelter.

We started hiking at 8:00 this morning. There was heavy fog and it was just a little bit chilly. 

After a short distance we passed the Glastonbury Mountain lookout tower. There might normally have been a great view from the tower, but the fog was so heavy we didn't climb to the top of it. The trail passed through mostly dense forest. There weren't many views even when the sky cleared. Overall the trail in Vermont has been very nice. 




We stopped for a short break at the Kid Fire Shelter. Cody Coyote was there. He said he was a thru-hiker.




Mid-day we stopped at Story Spring Shelter for a long lunch break. There were several thru-hikers there. Star Child who I hadn't seen for two months was there. Others were Maniac, Yard Sale, Mud Mouth, Splash, Rainbow Braid and Gonzo.




Within one hour of leaving the Story Spring Shelter it started to rain. It rained on us for about two hours. B-Rocket and I were both soaked. We reached Stratton Pond Shelter at 7:00 pm. Most of the hikers that we saw at lunch are here. There are also two southbound thru-hikers too. They are the first sobo's I've seen. The water source was at least 0.2 miles from the shelter. B-rocket and I were both going to try to get by with the water we already had, to save the long walk. But, later I decided I'd go for water, so I got some for B-Rocket too. For dinner this evening, I had two tuna sandwiches with pickle relish and mayo, one Little Debbie cherry pie, two blueberry pop tarts, and a few table spoons of peanut butter. A satisfying dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.