Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 118, miles today - 18.3, total - 1,699.5

July 13, 2013

Clarendon Shelter to the Inn at Long Trail.

We started hiking this morning at 8:00. It was another warm and sunny day.




We stopped after 6 miles at Governor Clement Shelter for a break. Z and Amos were there too.
 From there we had a 2,000 ft. climb over the next four miles. It wasn't super steep, but it was a long up. I went fairly slow and was able to make it to the top without stopping.

When I got to the Cooper Lodge Shelter Amos and Z were already there. I had peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches along with a few other items. B-Rocket got there twenty minutes or so after me. We were at almost 4,000 ft in elevation. It felt great up there. Not far from the shelter was a spring. The water from it was cold, clear, and delicious. I laid down on one of the bunks in the shelter to rest. I dosed off a couple times for a few minutes. B-Rocket laid down for a little while too. Others at the shelter were Mud Mouth, Yard Sale, Frost and  Maniac. From there we had a pretty big down.




When I passed the point where we only had 500 miles left, I saw where someone had made 500 out of mud. I don't know if a north bounder or a south bounder made it. 





I took a picture of what I believe are horse hoof mushrooms.




Frost, Amos, Z, B-Rocket and I stopped at the Inn at the Long Trail. It was a little over eight miles from the last shelter. After eating we decided to stay there for the night. They had a special hiker rate which included breakfast. There was a game room that had hundreds of old games. Many were popular when I was a child, of course they were new to B-Rocket. It's a very nice inn.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Long Trail Inn! I am glad you stayed there, and am glad you are enjoying the Green mountains.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.