Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 125, miles today - 10.7, total - 1,778.1

July 21, 2013

NH 25A to Jefferson Brook Shelter.

We left the hotel at 7:00 am. Bruce and I dropped Sharon, Hank and Patty off at the AT trailhead where they are beginning their hike. Bruce then dropped me off at the NH 25A trailhead at 8:45. I waited there for B-Rocket and her friends. 

Hank, Sharon, Bruce and Patty

At 10:00 Jamey dropped off B-Rocket, Katrina and her dog Jack. Her three other friends decided not to hike with us today. Our hike today was pretty easy. B-Rocket, Katrina, her dog Jack and I maintained a good pace. 

                 



 Jamey, Kelly, Amber and Dan went into town and did trail magic at the road crossing. Jamey also drove several backpackers into town so that they could resupply. At this point, Jamey has definitely earned trail angel status.

                               
     Kelly, B-Rocket, Amber, and Jack (dog)


B-Rocket and I both went through our gear, deciding what items we have to have as we enter the White Mountains. We will be at higher elevations, which will mean cooler temperatures.




I would have liked to have done more miles today, but after the Jefferson Brook Shelter we have to go over Mt. Moosilauke, which is almost a 3,800 ft. climb. We wanted to save that for tomorrow morning. At the shelter B-Rocket toasted marshmallows over the campfire, offering one to everyone. Today is B-Rocket's birthday, she's now 23. There are eleven nobo's here tonight.













2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeff, I was wondering something. It seems like your trip has gone so fast - at least to me as I have follow the blog. Are you feeling that it will be over too soon?....Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did her dog through hike also? That seems like it would take the logistics of a through hike to another level of complexity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.