Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 115, miles today - 10.7, total - 1,647.8

July 10, 2013

Stratton Pond Shelter to Green Mountain Hostel, Manchester Center VT.

B-Rocket and I started hiking at 7:30 this morning. We had a short and fairly easy hike today.



Stratton Pond


When we got to the road crossing for Manchester Center we needed to hitch a ride the five miles into town. Within a few minutes a vehicle pulled into the parking lot where we were standing. Crazy Frog was in the backseat. She had already been in town, and had hitched back to the trail. The timing couldn't have been better. The driver offered to give us a ride. Her name is Christine. Her family owns a lumber yard in town. 

Christine


We asked Christine for suggestions on where to eat, she suggested we go to Cilantro. She drove us to the restaurant. I had a chicken burrito that was delicious. It was the best burrito that I've ever ate.




We then walked to two outfitters to look for a couple items. Next we went to a grocery store to get our resupply. We then called the guy at Green Mountain Hostel. He picked us up at the grocery store and drove us to the hostel. It's a very nice place.




Everyone gets a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. B-Rocket played the piano for a few minutes. There are five other thru-hikers here. Amos is here, I hiked with him for a few days back in Pennsylvania. The others are new to me.





Blazer, Doodles, Amos, B-Rocket, Z, Frost 


1 comment:

  1. GLAD TO SEE YOUR POSTS. I HAVE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH YOU THRU CATHY. I HATE MOSQUITOS TOO. CAN'T IMAGINE SWARMS OF THEM AROUND MY HEAD. KEEP UP THE GOOD PACE. BE SAFE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.