Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 45, miles today- 7.2, total- 620.4

The black snake had not returned to the privy overnight. We were all happy about that.

I started on trail this morning at 7:15. Today I'm doing a nero. I only have 7.2 miles to reach Woods Hole Hostel. It's in the low 40's and clear. Nice hiking weather. There were several nice views from the ridge line. I passed through a section where there had been a prescribed burn. I seen a few areas like this. They burn the build up of brush in hopes of lessening the chance of a forest fire later.

It was a quick hike today. I got to the hostel at 10:00 am. My goal today was to relax. They offer several things here at Woods Hole. I started with a blueberry smoothie. Very good! I then took a shower. It was outside, which even with the hot water made it less than ideal. Being wet in 50 degree temperatures is a little uncomfortable, but it still felt great being clean. I then got an one hour massage. I'm not sure it will help with the aches and pains of hiking a lot of miles, but at the time it felt great. A few other hikers began arriving. When I got arrived there was only one other hiker. The five young guys stopped by in the late afternoon, but decided to move on a few more miles. I received two unexpected packages here. One was letters from Ms. Marketos' students. The other was brownies from Chiapet. Thank you! We ate dinner at 7 pm. By the time it was over I was thinking about going to bed. I'm sleeping in the loft of what was a barn. There are six others here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.