Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 64, miles today- 22, total- 852.3

Harpers Creek Shelter to Paul C. Wolfe Shelter.

We were up this morning at 6:00 am and on trail at 7:00. Our morning started with a 2,000 ft climb. There were nice views of the clouds in the valleys at several overlooks.

After the big up the rest of the trail was a mixture of short ups and downs. There were several miles of very rocky trail. It was very warm today, probably around 80 degrees, but it was dry.

At the shelter tonight there are eight thru hikers. Besides the four of us, there's White Russian, Misery, All The Way, and one other guy who I don't know.

Tomorrow Wanderlust Iceman and Dutch are going to nero in Waynesboro. I'm going to continue on alone. I need to get to Harper's Ferry by the end of next week so I can visit with family in DC. I may do a nero once I get a little closer to Harper's, if time permits.

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL pictures! Stay safe while hiking alone.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly outstanding views!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff,
    Glad you are back with your hiking buddies! I enjoy the blog. Gorgeous weekend here in Cincinnati, 70's, dry and clear. Wish I was backpacking!
    ameliabedelia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.