Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 59, miles today- 2.3, total- 818.4

We had a short distance to hike today. The plan was to sleep in. Airborne was in the shelter with us. It had been about two weeks since I had seen him. He was up at 6:00 am getting ready. I laid awake until he left at 7:00 am. Soon after I got up. We started hiking at 9:30. When we got to Spy Rock Road we walked 1.1 miles down a very rocky road to a parking lot. Someone from the Dutch Haus B&B was going to pick us up at 11:00 am. A guy in a pickup truck pulled in soon after.

The Dutch Haus was a very pretty house in a beautiful setting. It is in the very tiny town of Montabella. They served a great free lunch to any thru hikers that stop by. We were going to spend the night and get picked up Friday morning by Enterprise Car Rental. The four of us would then drive to Damascus for Trail Days. After lunch we each took a shower and then just lounged around. The owner, Lois, did our laundry. I had just washed my clothes two days ago, so it seemed a little soon. After she washed them we were to hang them outside to dry. They had humming bird feeders hanging on the front porch. I sat out there watching the humming birds for some time. They had a TV, so that evening we were able to watch the NBA game between the Knicks and the Pacers. It was a nice change, even though I'm not a fan of the NBA. It was nice to have a bed to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.