Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 60, Zero day, total- 818.4

The Enterprise driver arrived at the Dutch Haus as planned. We drove to their Lexington office to do the paper work for the rental. Wanderlust, Dutch, Iceman and I were then on our way to Trail Days in Damascus. We arrived at around 1 pm.
Our first stop was the campground where we could park our car for the weekend. It was also the location of tent city. We saw several hikers that we knew. Some of the people we saw were Great Legs, King, Slip, Hoops, B Rocket, Chaser, Main, Foxtrot, House Broken, I'm sure there were others. I took my trekking poles to the Leki booth. Both poles had broken tips. I'll pick them up tomorrow. I also went to the Z Packs booth. They repaired my pack liner. Iceman and I both went to where they had free medical screenings. It was in the First Baptist Church parking lot. Both of my knees have bothered me off and on. They said my knees seemed fine. They suggested rest and ibuprofen. Hopefully the down time at Trail Days will help. I've been wearing a brace to help the cause. Later we walked around looking at the many booths and gear shops.
We went to the Blue Blaze Cafe that evening. We each had pizza.  Afterwards we went to a bonfire at the campgrounds.

1 comment:

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.