Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 57, miles today- 15.0, total- 795.3

I got up around 7:30 am. After packing I went to the gas station to get something to eat. Pumpkin Head walked over with me. The others were still breaking down their tents. After eating I stopped by the town hall to talk to the town manager about getting a ride the 5.9 miles back to the trail. Yesterday he said he would find us a ride. He told me he could take us back at 10:00 am. We all went to the library, which is next door, to hang out. The town manager, Paul Parker and one of the town employees took the five of us back to the trail.

We were carrying five days of food, so our backpacks were extra heavy. After most road crossings there is a big up, that was the case today as well. We made good time given how late it was went we got on trail. We had many great views today. The sky was clear all day.

We have been talking about going back to Trail Days in Damascus. It's a few hours drive south of us. We would need to figure out how to get transportation there. All five of us were open to it at first. Late today Pumpkin Head said he decided not to go. He was going to meet friends in Waynesboro, a few days up trail. We had all planned to tent tonight at a campsite, instead of at a shelter. Pumpkin Head decided to go on to the next shelter. Wanderlust, Iceman, Dutch and I stayed with the tenting. Tomorrow we are going to look into our options for getting back to Damascus.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    Have been following you all they way. Keep it up, you are doing great! I am living it through you. Keep the pictures coming.

    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeff,
    Had to catch up on your posts. Have been having a busy month. Ran the 1/2 marathon flying pig with my daughter. Was an exciting weekend because her boyfriend proposed that Saturday. Lots of fun and celebration and then our run.
    Can't believe the parade. I read about it and meant to check your blog and then forgot. Must have been so sad for all involved.
    You are getting close to 1/2 way. Hope your knees hold out. I'm sure the braces help. Ibuprofen always helps me so keep up that regimen.
    Beautiful pictures. We are all enjoying them sooo much.
    Susan C.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.