Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 74, Zero, total miles- 1018.1

Today was mostly about resting. In the afternoon I walked around the Historical District. There are a lot of interesting buildings and exhibits here. I went to the outfitters to look at their hiking shoes. I have to get new shoes before I get back on trail. I took a picture of the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers.
After looking around the Historical District I hitchhiked up to the Teahorse Hostel. I got a ride from a lady that works as a cook at a restaurant near the hostel. I was going there to see if there were any hikers there that I knew. There were many. I saw Wanderlust, Iceman, Dutch, Guard, Great Legs, King, Wiki,  Sunshine and Night Rider. I went to get something to eat with some of them. It was nice seeing so many familiar faces. Most of them are getting back on trail tomorrow.
I am going to take the train to Washington DC tomorrow at 10:55 am. I am going to visit with family there until Wednesday morning, when I will get back on trail. Taking five days off trail is longer than I had planned, but it works better for everyone. I'm sure my body will appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures from Harper's Ferry. I've only been there in the mist. Enjoy your respite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.