Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 62, Zero day, total miles - 818.4

We decided to take a zero today as we had planned. I think we each needed some down time to put what happened at Trail Days in Damascus behind us. The four of us shared one hotel room. I mostly lounged around in the room. We went to Walmart to resupply. We will get back on trail in the morning. We have a little bit of a drive, so it could be 10:00 am before we start hiking. Hopefully no later.

I'm looking forward to trail life. The ups and downs (mountains) can be very challenging, but other than that life is very simple on trail. It's all about shelter, water, food, and enjoying nature along the way.

I hope to be in Harper's Ferry around June 1. A lot can happen in 200 miles, but that's my plan as of now.

I really appreciate everyone that has followed my blog. Thank you for your comments, I always look forward to reading them. I haven't always replied, because most of the time I'm using my cell phone and need to conserve the battery life. But, I can ensure you I have read all of them more than once.

Thank you!
Blazer

13 comments:

  1. Jeff,
    Sounds like you really are having a nice time. You definitely have the order of priorities right. Enjoy the simple things, and watching the nature.
    I look forward to your daily adventures and the pictures of the different sites you see along the way. It is really interesting to hear about the community along the way. Keep your eyes ahead of you and stay on your feet. :)

    Rick and Amy H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are ok. Isaac and I saw a lot of through hikers when we came through Roanoke Sunday and thought of you. In Lynchburg if u need anything. Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are getting back on the trail soon. So very glad that you are safe. Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have really enjoyed reading and following your journey. Glad you are safe! Jim Reynolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim! I'm looking forward to basketball next year.

      Delete
  5. The incident @ Damascus was in the Cincinnati Enquirer. Such a tragedy, both for the driver of the car and for those injured in the parade. I concur with Rick and Amy about your photos. Really enjoy the vistas and random history lessons. Makes me want to at least do a day hike. Thanks for including us readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff, glad you are OK and back out on the trail. Keep posting. Love your pictures. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as I saw the Damascus story I was worried for you. I knew you were going to be there. I'm very glad you are safe. What an adventure you're on. Take care of yourself and each other.

    Lora

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.