Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 56, miles today- 14.3, total -

I got up this morning at 7:00 am. It was in the mid 30's. We each started hiking at a slightly different time. It was 8:00 when I was on trail. We planned to go into Glascow to resupply. It is 5.9 miles off trail. We all made really good time. Wanderlust and Iceman were the first to reach the road crossing. Pumpkin Head and I got there at 12:30. We tried hitching as we walked. After fifteen minutes a guy in a pickup truck stopped. It was a little chilly in the back of the truck, but we were glad to have a ride.

Once in town we went to the gas station that also served food. I had a cheese burger and fries.  Then we went to the library to use the computer and to charge our phones.

I walked next door to the town hall to see if they knew of anyone that might give us a ride back to the trail in the morning. The city manager told me to call him and that either he would or he'd have one of the city workers take us. Hopefully that works out.

  After a couple hours we went to the laundry mat. We all relaxed there until our clothes were finished. The town has a pavilion to camp at and a shower for hikers to use. I took a shower and then went with the rest of the guys to the Dollar General to resupply. After another stop at the gas station we headed back to the pavilion.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping up the blog Jeff. Love to hear of your journey and the pictures are amazing. You are doing fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love the laundry mat photo! Also sounds like you are becoming an expert at yogi-ing rides and such :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.