Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 63, miles today- 11.9, total - 830.3

Spy Rock Road to Harpers Creek Shelter.

After a pretty good continental breakfast we took the rental car back to Enterprise. A guy there drove us back to a parking lot near the trail.

We started hiking at 10:00 am. First up was a 1.1 mile steep up on a rocky road to reach the AT. My shins were very sore by the time I was back on the AT. Iceman, Wanderlust, and Dutch went on ahead. They were planning to do 18+ miles today. I had planned to do 12 miles. We said our goodbyes. There was a good chance I'd see them again. I stopped at The Priest Shelter for lunch. Two miles pass the shelter I came to a nice view. Dutch, Iceman and Wanderlust were all sitting there. They said they had changed their plans. They were now going to do 12 miles. We hiked together the rest of the way. Fidget was there also. I hadn't seen her for a few weeks. She said she hadn't seen Dude or Seventeen, who she was hiking with, for two weeks.

Once at the shelter Dutch built a fire. At the shelter there were two section hikers and two other thru hikers. The thru hikers names were White Russian and Misery. Both nice guys.

We're going to get started early tomorrow, so I'm going to turn in at 8:00 pm  tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.