Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 21, miles today- 13.1, total- 273.9

We got on trail at 8:15 am. Rabbit, Guard, Great Legs and I hiked together all day. We were spaced out at times, but met back up every few miles. Today was another clear and warm day. Around 70 degrees this afternoon. We got to Hot Springs in the afternoon. Our first stop was at the Smoky Mountain Diner. The four of us had the Hiker Special 12 oz burger with fries. I was full! We are all sharing a very small cabin. One reason for pushing the miles was to get somewhere that I had a chance to watch the NCAA championship basketball game. I am going to take a zero tomorrow. I plan to stay at the Sunnybank Hostel. I've done a fair amount of miles over the last few days, so I want to give my feet a break before heading north. The next town I'll come to is Erwin Tn, 68 miles away.

4 comments:

  1. That burger's huge!! I guess your appetite came back :) Relax and enjoy your zero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to rest your foot. You deserve a zero. Go Cardinals! Love , Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Blazer! Great job on the trek so far and the blog. I've really enjoyed your entries and pics. Take care of that foot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeff 3,

    Jeff 1 had been attempting to post a comment through our iPad but it wasn't working for some reason. He wanted to say, "Cantaloupe!!" for the Smokies. No bears yet, huh? We saw bear tracks in WV snow this past weekend during a adventure out there.

    Enjoy your zero day!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.