Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 35, miles today- 10.4, total- 467.1

Today was a great day! We had a short day into Damascus. Said to be the most friendly trail town.

We were up by 6 am and were ready to start hiking at 7 am. I couldn't find my balaclava. So I took off my pack to look for it. I found it in my sleeping bag, which is kept in the bottom of my pack. We started hiking at 7:06. After about 6 miles we crossed into Virginia. I'm in my forth state! I still have a long ways to go, but getting to VA is huge. There are over 500 miles of trails here, the most miles in any one state. We stopped for a few pictures. Then it was on to Damascus. We had few small ups, but mostly downhill. We entered town at 10:30 am.

Our first stop was at the outfitters. Sequoia, who was just passing through town, needed a new pair of shoes and I needed to see about a place to spend the night. I am taking a zero here Tuesday. I'm staying at Dave's Place, which the Outfitter operates. Our second stop was at the Blue Blazes Cafe, a popular restaurant in the middle of town. We each had a burger and fries. Sequoia headed out of town. I took my clothes to the laundry mat. After going through my gear and making a couple phone calls I went back to Blue Blazes Cafe for dinner. I hung out with ten or more backpackers. Phys Ed was there. Later in the evening, I sat outside where I stayed talking to Tin Cup. Gaurd walked up. I told him that he could sleep on an extra bunk in my room. He gladly excepted. We made plans to meet 7 other backpackers for breakfast. I went to sleep at 10:00 pm.

7 comments:

  1. Jeff
    It is good to follow your progress.Sounds like things are going well. Keep it up and happy hiking!
    Chris McI BTA

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy that you're in your 4th state already! Pretty impressive :) Love reading all about what you're doing, I check your blog daily. Keep it up... I love you!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 4th state. I'm still enjoying your blog and have even turned it onto a few other people I know.

    Stay safe!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe and beautiful day! It's raining here in Cincinnati but everything has leaves and the grass is green and really growing.

    Lora

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.