Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 29, miles today- 16.8, total- 375.8

Phys Ed, Sequoia, and I started hiking at 8:10 am. Guard and Sonny were still in camp. There were a lot of small flowers along the trail. We ate lunch at Little Rock Knob. It was a rock out cropping at 4918 feet. It was clear and sunny giving us a great view. Near the top of Roan Mountain was the old site of the Cloudland Hotel. It was built in 1884 and was used until 1914. It was a grand place to vacation in its day. It was at 6212 feet. There is a sign giving the history of it. Near the top of Roan Mountain there was snow in a few places. I hadn't seen any for a long time. I'm staying at Roan High Knob Shelter, the highest shelter on the AT at 6,194 feet. It's a two story log cabin. Here tonight there's me, Phys Ed, Sequoia, Guard, Chaser, and Prometheus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.