Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 38, miles today- 15.6, total- 482.7

I had a good nights sleep at Hikers Inn. There was a bath scale there so I was able to weigh myself. I have only lost 4 lbs. I ate breakfast with Handstand at the Dairy King. Handstand is 29 yrs old. She just recently got out of the Army where she served as a nurse. She's meeting her boyfriend Friday morning and then taking a few days off trail.

I am wearing trail running shoes today. I received a box from home with these shoes, a lighter weight sleeping bag. I also sent my balaclava home. I now have a buff to wear, which I got as a gift. It has sections of the AT map on it. It's pretty cool. I've already received complements on it.

I started hiking at 9:00 am. The trail followed the Virginia Creeper bike trail for a few miles. There was also a pretty stream along the trail. I passed K Fox, Smiles, Hancock, and Gypsy within the first few hours. I stopped at Subway on the way out this morning to get a six inch sub to eat for lunch. It made for a nice lunch. There were several sections of the trail today that were lined with mountain laurel. If it had been in bloom it would have been pretty.

I got to Lost Mountain Shelter at 4:00 pm. I thought about doing a few more miles but decided to call it a day. My feet felt much better today. There are five of us at the shelter. There's Smiles, Techie, Pool Side, Handstand, and me. We had a nice campfire for a few hours. Smiles is the guy from England. He's 24 yrs old. A nice guy. 

5 comments:

  1. Did you factor in the beard weight when figuring out your weight loss? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just curious if you think you're losing weight?

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, Anne, and I were reading your blog! I was quite interested in the 1 room school house rules. I remember getting in trouble 40 years ago for playing BB with the boys. Girls were only allowed to jump rope at recess.
    Anne just finished her first year at Ohio State and says,"Hi. Keep up the good work, coach!"
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.