Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 36, zero day, 467.1

Damascus is a nice town to zero in. Many things here are geared toward hikers.

I ate breakfast with seven other backpackers. At the head of the table is Guard and clockwise is Shadow, Doc, Blue Eyes, Two Speed, Star Child, and Tin Cup. It took a while to get our food, but it was very good.

I went to the Dollar General to get enough food for 3-4 days on trail. I then went to the Public Library to use the computer.

I had dinner at the Blue Blaze Cafe.

I decided to take another zero tomorrow. There's an 80% chance of rain tomorrow afternoon and evening. I'm also switching to trail running shoes and I want to give my feet a good rest before hiking in them. A couple toes on my right foot have been a little sore for several days. So I'm hoping after a good rest and different shoes, that my toes will be happy campers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.