Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 42, miles today- 19.1, total- 575.2

I started hiking today at 7:20 am. I hiked the first part of today with Phys Ed and Airborne. Sequoia had left 30 minutes before us. The second half I was with Airborne. 

We stopped for lunch at the Chestnut Knob Shelter. There were nice views several times today as we neared Chestnut Knob. The last nine miles of trail were very challenging. There were many steep ups and downs and it was very rocky. The ups and downs weren't real long, but it made for very slow going. Sequoia twisted his ankle when he slipped on a rock. It had swelled quite a bit by bed time. Hopefully he'll be okay tomorrow.

Two people came in late, 10:30 pm. The shelter was full so one person slept on the picnic table. The other person used a hammock.

We're staying at the Jenkins Shelter. It has an open air privy, (no walls).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff, glad things are going well. Thanks for your posts. Miss the trail. Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL The open air privy. wow...uhm...ah...yep. I think, uh...if I was desperately in need...well...as I said.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my journey, and for your comment.

Thanks, Jeff, aka Blazer

Please keep all comments kid friendly.